DB Anywhere Database for Pocket PCTiny, powerful, easy to use database software! Use your MS-Access databases right on your PPC!
DB Anywhere Database by: Tiny Pocket Software, last updated: 28/05/2006
Requirements: Pocket PC or Windows Mobile *Please try the trial version on your device to ensure compatibility
About DB Anywhere DatabaseWant a compact, powerful, easy-to-use database software? You got one!DB AnywhereFeatures
- Load large tables very quickly
- Easily create and view forms
- Forms can contain Text, Combo or Check Boxes, Labels, Buttons, Images and List Boxes
- Create shortcuts to your tables/queries/forms which make it possible to load DB Anywhere to a specific table query or form when the shortcut is launched
- Program your own event code that is executed when specific events occur. This allows you to create your own database application
- Query Editor and Query Builder (similar to MS-Access query designer)
- Support for variables in queries and form source (allows you to run queries with different values in conditions each time you run the query. Eg. "...where [DateField] =#!day!/!month!/2001#" or "...where [Salary]>!value!")
- In-cell editing, entry-bar edit, large-cell edit as well as Single Record View
- Import/Export to/from CSV
- Quickly and easily filter your data to find what you need
- Quickly access your tables, queries and forms by allowing DB Anywhere to create shortcuts for you
- Auto size column to column data (also, manual resizing of columns)
- Quickly edit time/date fields from date/time selection window
- Find/Replace values in tables
- Zoom in/out of table
- Advanced filter/sorting on table
- Determine Sum/Average/Min/Max values of column data
- Non-destructive field type changes
- Sample databases and help file/manual installed on your desktop computer
- Quick and helpful customer support
Note: DB Anywhere is a standalone database software and does not require Microsoft Access. However if you wish to edit your database data on a desktop computer too, you can use MS Access..Converting a Microsoft Access Database to Pocket Access Database
- Make sure your .mdb file has one Primary Key. This is required to keep the database synchronized.
- Establish a connection between ActiveSync and your device (for most devices, this would mean to place the device in the cradle and then turning it on).
- On your desktop, click the Start button, and click "My Computer".
- Navigate to the folder containing the database you would like to transfer to your device.
- Select the database file and copy the database file to the clipboard. There are two ways of doing this:
- Right-click the file and select Copy from the popup menu.
- Select the file and press the keys Control + C on the keyboard.
- Open the ActiveSync window. From the File menu, select Explore.
- A window will pop up, showing the files on your Pocket PC. In this window, navigate to the Edit menu and select Paste (alternatively, press CTRL + V).
- You will be presented with the tables in the database. Select the tables you would like to transfer to (and/or keep synchronized with) your device.
- If you would like to keep the database synchronized with your device, place a check in the Keep tables synchronized checkbox.
- In the field at the top of the window (Copy the *.CDB file to this location...), type the location on your device where the database should be placed. Note that DB Anywhere will only find databases in the "\My Documents" folder on the device, or the "My Documents" folder on your storage card(s).
- Click OK and ActiveSync will convert and transfer the database.
- Open the Database with DB Anywhere!
- NOTE: If you want to remove the synchronization, Open ActiveSync on your desktop, select Options from the Tools menu, select Pocket Access from the list and click "Settings". From here, you can remove any databases being synchronized.
- Added compatibility with Windows Mobile 5.0*. *Please try the trial version on your device before purchasing. Synchonization with some WM5 devices does not work.
- Improved and fixed bugs with parsing of macro code expressions.
- Added macro functions eval, delFile, exec, tableView, singleView, tst, tstC.